(2) Wednesday Big East Games 12/29/21

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Wednesday Big East Games 12/29/21

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:23 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:Straight up question - is the Seton Hall team and coaching staff all fully vaccinated? If not, that responsibility falls on Willard and he has no right to blame anyone.

Have you seen the rate at which vaccinated people are getting this and fully vaccinated teams are getting shut down? While I fully support the vaccine, I'm afraid that's just not relevant to this situation.

I do understand. And I have less sympathy for someone or a group who shrugged off the need to vaccinate. If Willard and the entire team were vaccinated and then tested positive, your comment carries more weight. If they chose not to vaccinate and Willard didn’t convince them to, he’s lost all credibility on this. Doesn’t matter if vaccinated people are possibly testing positive as that is a different conversation to this specific case.

This specific case involves many vaccinated players and coaches testing positive. That's not different.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:28 pm

OmahaUberAlles wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:I do understand. And I have less sympathy for someone or a group who shrugged off the need to vaccinate. If Willard and the entire team were vaccinated and then tested positive, your comment carries more weight. If they chose not to vaccinate and Willard didn’t convince them to, he’s lost all credibility on this. Doesn’t matter if vaccinated people are possibly testing positive as that is a different conversation to this specific case.

Burn in hell you Authoritarian UnAmerican scum.

Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Savannah Jay » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
This specific case involves many vaccinated players and coaches testing positive. That's not different.

I am curious (not in a judgemental way, at all)...SHUs game against Iona was cancelled two weeks ago due to COVID protocols at Seton Hall. They played last night with a partial team and Willard talked like Saturday and next Tuesday will be the same. By next Tuesday, it will be 19 or 20 days since the COVID came to light at Seton Hall. Is this a situation where it's going from one group of players to the next, and that's why it's stayed so long? Or is it that the same players are sick and can't shake symptoms? Or tested positive, asymptomatic, but can't get to the negative test?

I think the "lack of sympathy" by some is more a lack of understanding what's happening, because we don't get any info. "COVID Protocols." Does that mean player(s) are positive and not sick? Are they sick? Vaxxed? boosted? But SHUs situation can be a warning flare that a 10 day reset isn't necessarily a "fix."
Savannah Jay

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:59 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:

I am curious (not in a judgemental way, at all)...SHUs game against Iona was cancelled two weeks ago due to COVID protocols at Seton Hall. They played last night with a partial team and Willard talked like Saturday and next Tuesday will be the same. By next Tuesday, it will be 19 or 20 days since the COVID came to light at Seton Hall. Is this a situation where it's going from one group of players to the next, and that's why it's stayed so long? Or is it that the same players are sick and can't shake symptoms? Or tested positive, asymptomatic, but can't get to the negative test?

I think the "lack of sympathy" by some is more a lack of understanding what's happening, because we don't get any info. "COVID Protocols." Does that mean player(s) are positive and not sick? Are they sick? Vaxxed? boosted? But SHUs situation can be a warning flare that a 10 day reset isn't necessarily a "fix."

I don't know for sure because Seton Hall didn't release any information on who had covid before sitting out last night's game made it obvious, but the players rumored to have it 2 weeks ago were not the same players who missed last night's game, so I would guess #1.
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012

Postby billyjack » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:30 pm

I'd be pissed if PC was forced to play in Newark without Watson. i just don't fully understand the reasoning to kinda force the teams into playing last night. I'm happy it worked out this way though, cuz i'm a PC-homer, lol.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Jet915 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:38 pm

billyjack wrote:I'd be pissed if PC was forced to play in Newark without Watson. i just don't fully understand the reasoning to kinda force the teams into playing last night. I'm happy it worked out this way though, cuz i'm a PC-homer, lol.

So now we are playing games based on who is available? Definitely unfair but with covid nothing will be fair about conference play.
Jet915

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:48 pm

billyjack wrote:I'd be pissed if PC was forced to play in Newark without Watson. i just don't fully understand the reasoning to kinda force the teams into playing last night. I'm happy it worked out this way though, cuz i'm a PC-homer, lol.

SHU had 8 guys, it sucks but by rule that's enough to play. It is what it is.
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012

Postby FriarJ » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:39 pm

Ed being Ed Part 2. Almost all of you will love this.
https://twitter.com/bigeastmbb/status/1 ... 21284?s=21
FriarJ

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board