(1) BE game. DePaul at L'ville 12/10/21

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (1) BE game. DePaul at L'ville 12/10/21

Postby Xuperman » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:44 am

Demon22 wrote:Based on what you've seen from both teams this year, what makes you think DePaul needs an off night to beat Creighton?

My statement was...your Blue Demons will need Creighton to be off their game to get the win.

To be honest, I watched DePaul last night for the 1st time.....1 part BE fan (+only game on) and 9 parts to watch Chris Mack squirm on an increasingly HOT seat. I do however methodically breakdown BEast box scores. Here's the thing, that road kill last night was fantastic UNLESS you watched the game. No doubt y'all are turning cartwheels for any perceived quality win, but come on. Although the effort was off the chart, take away Jones and the numbers were horrendous.

To answer your question......Roster size/physicality/quality of talent, Coaching, BE track record.
Last edited by Xuperman on Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xuperman » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:19 am

kayako wrote:
Xuperman wrote:
Sorry but again, help us out here. Are you referring to the SMU and GT transfers? Both have lots of experience but nothing on paper to get excited about. Then there's the local Chicago prospect. He appears to have the talent to move the needle some, but he has eligibility issues (academic?). Might be a redshirt candidate.

Regardless, which team/teams would you predict they could finish ahead of in conference?

Man, you're eager to thwart DePaul getting some well-deserved hype. From what they've shown so far playing only 7 players for the most part, I'd have to rank them above Georgetown, Butler, and Creighton. I would think it'd be a boost for them if they can gain another solid player in the rotation.

Yeah, I feel a little guilty for some reason. Oh, I know why....the "Xup is being an a-hole buzz killer" tag here. But hey, its getting close to go time and I just callz em as I seez em.

You're hedging a bit with the "shown so far", because a serious jump in competition is just around the corner for DU. Are you actually saying you like them to finish ahead of those 3 when all said and done? Now, can Jones morph into Marcus Howard and just blister everyone going forward? Sure but highly unlikely.

Again, the Demons don't appear to have the roster talent to match many in our conference and from a physicality standpoint, none.
Did you see the Butler/Oklahoma game? That was some tasty road kill....DePaul not in the same zip code with the UofL win. GTown has some roster issues, so maybe? AND, stop giving Ol' Git nightmare material.

I like this topic. Fun debate. DePaul is relevant....who knew! It needs it's own thread.
Last edited by Xuperman on Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xuperman

Postby Xuperman » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:23 am

And we will find out A LOT about the BlueJays shortly!!!
Xuperman

Postby Bogg » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:25 am

DePaul up to 50 in NET. If they can avoid a landmine against UIC they'll have done the conference some favors headed into play regardless of how the Northwestern game goes.
Bogg

Postby kayako » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:35 pm

Xuperman wrote:DePaul not in the same zip code with the UofL win. GTown has some roster issues, so maybe? AND, stop giving Ol' Git nightmare material.

:lol: That was my biggest mistake last night! I do value your pushback, it makes things interesting around here :)
supernova
kayako

Postby Xuperman » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:42 pm

kayako wrote:
Xuperman wrote:DePaul not in the same zip code with the UofL win. GTown has some roster issues, so maybe? AND, stop giving Ol' Git nightmare material.

:lol: That was my biggest mistake last night! I do value your pushback, it makes things interesting around here :)

Yup, it seems Crystal IMO. All the way...Fun, exciting, encouraging, hopeful.... But not realistic.
Xuperman

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:04 pm

Hey!! A bit of civility please.

This is the DePaul thread folks. I am pleased and proud as punch that the Blue Demons are clicking this season. It's been a couple of years since their great non-con run 2018?, 2019?, and long overdue.

Way to Go Blue Demons, way to go! A competitive DePaul is what many have wished for (along with StJ and Gtwn). Hopefully this is the year. Nice namebrand win Demons...real nice.
Keep up the good work and hopefully you will get to full strength soon (eligibility of transfers I think).

#RollBlueDemonsRoll!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board