(5) Tuesday Big East Games 11/30/21

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Tuesday Big East Games 11/30/21

Postby kayako » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:46 pm

Django wrote:Georgetown followed the DePaul method of ruining your program by hiring your legendary coaches son, followed by the St. John’s method of hiring your unproven coach/ former all-star player. They’re doing all they can to destroy their brand.

This is a solid recruiting class for Georgetown if Ewing can keep his players.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:52 pm

kayako wrote:
Django wrote:Georgetown followed the DePaul method of ruining your program by hiring your legendary coaches son, followed by the St. John’s method of hiring your unproven coach/ former all-star player. They’re doing all they can to destroy their brand.

Has he ever been able to keep key players? His top players seem to transfer out every year....
Jet915

Postby kayako » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:05 pm

Jet915 wrote:
kayako wrote:

Has he ever been able to keep key players? His top players seem to transfer out every year....

What's baffling is that most of the kids appears to have been kicked out, except Wahab who probably got bad advice. If you're an optimist, I guess the mass exodus 2 seasons ago was an unfortunate one-off event and hope that this roster is ready to compete next season. I mean they have no shot with this roster in this environment dominated by super seniors around the country.
supernova
kayako

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:55 pm

At the Marquette game. Looking at the CBS APP, UConn & Georgetown in close game.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Husky_U » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:10 pm

I see we left the team that played Auburn in the Bahamas. Gross, but I'll take the W and delete this game from my DVR/memory.
Husky_U

Postby Django » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:43 pm

Kalkbrenner playing Nerf hoops against NDSU Bison. Bought a game and a nerf hoop!!!
Django

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:47 pm

Nice complete game by Creighton, was expecting a close one but we blew them out.
Jet915

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:55 am

Jet915 wrote:
kayako wrote:

Been saying for years now, nothing against G'Town they are a storied program. But Ewing is not and will not be the answer. Idk why it's so hard for others to not see by now. They got very lucky last year getting red hot at the perfect time in a bad year overall aside from BET. They are just not going to be close to what they were under JT nor his son as long as they have Ewing. They are not consistent and they rely on big men and rarely seem to have shooters. Big men ruled in the 80's but the game has changed a lot. You still need at least 1 monster true C, but you also need several playmaking guards. Jordan Riley does not look good at all albeit he is still a Freshman. I'm kind of glad we didn't land him now. G'Town quickly went from one of the biggest brands in college hoops to being pretty irrelevant and I'm not happy about that. We need a good SJ and G'Town to really make the most of our exposure as a conference. G'Town is 65-62 under him. That is including cupcakes.
MullinMayhem

Postby butlerguy03 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:41 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:Been saying for years now, nothing against G'Town they are a storied program. But Ewing is not and will not be the answer. Idk why it's so hard for others to not see by now. They got very lucky last year getting red hot at the perfect time in a bad year overall aside from BET. They are just not going to be close to what they were under JT nor his son as long as they have Ewing. They are not consistent and they rely on big men and rarely seem to have shooters. Big men ruled in the 80's but the game has changed a lot. You still need at least 1 monster true C, but you also need several playmaking guards. Jordan Riley does not look good at all albeit he is still a Freshman. I'm kind of glad we didn't land him now. G'Town quickly went from one of the biggest brands in college hoops to being pretty irrelevant and I'm not happy about that. We need a good SJ and G'Town to really make the most of our exposure as a conference. G'Town is 65-62 under him. That is including cupcakes.

Both, Georgetown and Butler need a hard reset. End the "program guys" approach.

Edit: splng is hrd
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board