Let's review Butler

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Let's review Butler

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:28 pm

Irishdawg wrote:So literally every guy who was a Senior this year is coming back. Hodges isn't included in the tweet below because he was originally supposed to sit out all of last year and play in the coming year, so he was going to be playing again anyway.

https://twitter.com/ButlerMBB/status/13 ... 3244960770

This presents an interesting dilemma in a way. Are young guys like Tate who are poised for a breakthrough unhappy that all these guys end up returning? I’ve considered the same for other schools also, but this might be the first example I’ve seen.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Irishdawg » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:17 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
Irishdawg wrote:So literally every guy who was a Senior this year is coming back. Hodges isn't included in the tweet below because he was originally supposed to sit out all of last year and play in the coming year, so he was going to be playing again anyway.

This presents an interesting dilemma in a way. Are young guys like Tate who are poised for a breakthrough unhappy that all these guys end up returning? I’ve considered the same for other schools also, but this might be the first example I’ve seen.

Tate will be out for quite awhile with his torn ACL, so I would be surprised if he was ready for a breakthrough next year. Really Nze coming back will delay Coles' and Wilmoth's ascension, but as injury-laden as the team was, we can use all the depth we can get. Also takes any pressure off the incoming freshman to play big right away.
Irishdawg

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:29 pm

Omaha1 wrote:

For Xavier, Wilcher entered the transfer portal after Nate Johnson announced his return, and that's probably not the last we see of that kind of thing.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby MUPanther » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:13 am

Aaron Thompson, Bryce Nze among Butler seniors coming back. Great news for Butler.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Irishdawg » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Ty Groce, a 6'8 combo forward from EMU transferred to Butler today. While Myles Tate will be out for most, if not all year, they have 16 scholarship players and have 2 spots left. Would be surprised to see them add anyone else.
Irishdawg

Postby MUPanther » Thu May 06, 2021 7:47 pm

Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:31 am

Wizard of Westroads

Postby butlerguy03 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Rape charges filed on Scooby Johnson. MT is likely Myles Tate, JC is likely JaKobe Coles (who already transferred out). Neither of them are accused of wrongdoing.

https://twitter.com/angelaganote/status/1425876812345733126?s=20
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board