Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:49 pm

stever20 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:
kayako wrote:Talk about March Sadness, Michigan State hasn't escaped the 1st weekend for 3 years.

Wonder when Izzo will start taking some heat for it?? Nah, it's Izzo he'll get a pass.

He'd like the heat he'll be facing be as a result of this.....

But I think he gets something of a pass for the results because in 7 of the prior 8 years before these 3 years- he had made the 2nd weekend in 7/8 years with 3 final 4's.

I know better than to get into a "discussion" with you, so against my better judgement this will be my only post on this.

Yet Jay took quite a bit of heat for this even though since he's been at Nova he has 6 - S16's, 3 - E8's, 2 - F4's, and 1 Natty (and still alive this year). So Jay doesn't deserve something of a pass??? Don't answer that, I know, of course he doesn't in your eyes.

3 years is a short term trend, if Jay deserved some heat(he did, some ... not as much as he got though) than Izzo and other name coaches should take some heat for their lolls. It comes with the job.
Westbrook#36

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:I know better than to get into a "discussion" with you, so against my better judgement this will be my only post on this.

Yet Jay took quite a bit of heat for this even though since he's been at Nova he has 6 - S16's, 3 - E8's, 2 - F4's, and 1 Natty (and still alive this year). So Jay doesn't deserve something of a pass??? Don't answer that, I know, of course he doesn't in your eyes.

3 years is a short term trend, if Jay deserved some heat(he did, some ... not as much as he got though) than Izzo and other name coaches should take some heat for their lolls. It comes with the job.

the '16 Natty changed things for him. Before he had that- so entering the '16 tourney- he had since his FF in '09-
10- lost in rd 2 as a 2 seed
11- lost in rd 1 as a 9 seed
12- lost in rd 1 as a 9 seed
14- lost in rd 2 as a 2 seed
15- lost in rd 2 as a 1 seed

so 3 flameouts in 6 years as a 1 or 2 seed.

Izzo had since 15-
16- lost in rd 1 as a 2 seed
17- lost in rd 2 as a 9 seed
18- lost in rd 2 as a 3 seed

Jay gets the pass now. But before '16- nope. Izzo what he's had in last 3 years isn't as bad yet as what Wright had entering the '16 tourney.
stever20

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 am

stever20 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:I know better than to get into a "discussion" with you, so against my better judgement this will be my only post on this.

the '16 Natty changed things for him. Before he had that- so entering the '16 tourney- he had since his FF in '09-

Izzo had since 15-

Jay gets the pass now. But before '16- nope. Izzo what he's had in last 3 years isn't as bad yet as what Wright had entering the '16 tourney.

Of course, there isn't (that I know of...) knowledge of a rampant sexual abuse scandal with the Villanova team doctor, there aren't questions about who knew what and when, nor was there ever remarkably tone-deaf comments by Jay about sexual assault. Izzo has all of that on his resume right now.
Savannah Jay

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:48 am

Savannah Jay wrote:
stever20 wrote:

Izzo had since 15-

Of course, there isn't (that I know of...) knowledge of a rampant sexual abuse scandal with the Villanova team doctor, there aren't questions about who knew what and when, nor was there ever remarkably tone-deaf comments by Jay about sexual assault. Izzo has all of that on his resume right now.

No doubt about that. But Westbrook was talking I believe about Izzo just from a basketball standpoint.

I personally think we never see Izzo coaching at Michigan St again. It's tough to say, but I think there's a good chance that he's gone for good.
stever20

Postby kayako » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 am

lol a small stab at MSU and he replies with a vigorous justification of the hall of fame coach. Come on stever, lighten up. Izzo was and still is a great coach, but he's also overrated by the media.
supernova
kayako

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:41 pm

kayako wrote:lol a small stab at MSU and he replies with a vigorous justification of the hall of fame coach. Come on stever, lighten up. Izzo was and still is a great coach, but he's also overrated by the media.

Oh it's just stever being stever, the resident anti-BE, aac shill/troll. That's why I know better than to get into a "discussion" with him. I took it more of as a shot at Jay than him defending Izzo. He can't help himself, he's got to put down the BE whenever possible, then use his fleet of custom made goalposts on wheels. I wonder if he's on the PAC-12 or AAC board talking about their tourney failures this year. We both know the answer to that one, btw if Jay deserved heat for his tourney resume, I wonder what Mr. AAC shill says about Mick Cronin and his tourney performances? Crickets chirping.
Westbrook#36

Postby jfan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Yeah, hell even Creighton beat Cronin in the tournament recently, so you know how bad that makes Cincy!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby pki1998 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Looks like recruiting in Chicago just got a littler harder. Bad news for DePaul. Go Ramblers!
Xavier
pki1998

Postby Toronto Rapture » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:34 pm

So, the SEC is done. That side of the bracket is wide open. A lot of teams are probably thinking of what could have been had they made it to this point. I don't know if anything annoys me more then missed dunks. I feel like I've seen a lot this tourney.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby sju88grad » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Would really like to see Purdue pull this out. Right now Big 12 could put 3 teams into the Final 4. Can’t have that happen. That’s a Big East record!
sju88grad

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board