Drake 1
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2015 Big East Men's Soccer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby marquette » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:01 am

Nice. Congrats and best of luck in the next round.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby maxpowers » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Bluejays to the Elite 8!
Jays 1
Tar Heels 0
maxpowers

Postby whiteandblue77 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:41 pm

maxpowers wrote:Bluejays to the Elite 8!
Jays 1
Tar Heels 0

Very promising win in Chapel hill tonight!!! Would love a Hoya Bluejay all BEast championship in Sporting KC stadium
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby cu blujs » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:38 am

Attended the College Cup games in Kansas City this weekend. I can't believe that both Syracuse and Clemson made it through to the final four. How did Syracuse ever come out of Georgetown's side of the bracket? Clemson wasn't good either (at least not this weekend). The game they played Friday night was not a quality soccer match. Little in the way of possession and very little in the way of any organized attack by either team. There have easily been a handful of teams in Omaha this fall that looked better than either of those teams. And I don't know how Stanford was only an 8 seed. Because of the limited amount of games in Soccer compared to say basketball, I think seeding the tournament appears to be much more of a crap shoot than any other sport.

Akron and Stanford were both much, much better teams than either Clemson or Syracuse (at least this weekend). Stanford vs. Akron game Friday night was very good (especially for a 0-0 tie). Good possessions, good attacks, both missed some excellent opportunities and both goalies made several outstanding saves. Maybe Syracuse and Clemson just had a bad weekend. The championship was over before it started. Clemson was so far outclassed by Stanford it wasn't even funny.

On a side note, based solely on having seen Jordan Morris play two games, IMO both Herbers and Allen should finish ahead of him for the Hermann. I hope they don't give it to Morris just because he is the feel good story for the year. He was offside a handful of times each of the games. Several other times he either killed a possible quick counterattack because he hadn't bothered to get back onside after Stanford initially lost possession of the ball, or didn't get offside called because he didn't make play on the ball since he knew he was offside. He did have two goals in the championship, but both were thanks to slick passes from a teammate. Not saying he is not a good player, he finished well both opportunities. But overall, I thought he created little for himself or his teammates in his play this weekend. From what I have seen of Herbers and Allen, I think both are better players. But, maybe I am biased.
cu blujs

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Herbers finished 2nd in voting for the Hermann and Allen 3rd. Herbers has officially announced that he is leaving for the professional MLS draft also.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Previous

Return to Big East Men's Sports