Twitterverse says Uconn to Big East (LAX)

The home for Big East Soccer, Baseball, Lacrosse, and more

Re: Twitterverse says Uconn to Big East

Postby NovaBall » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:45 pm

At the point when UConn bolts Conference of Americans I could see Temple trying to go back to the A10. At that point the hot mess of the AAC just wouldn't make sense for them. Temple is already slashing their athletic funding at alarming pace (just dropped a bunch of programs last yr).
NovaBall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:24 pm

NovaBall wrote:At the point when UConn bolts Conference of Americans I could see Temple trying to go back to the A10. At that point the hot mess of the AAC just wouldn't make sense for them. Temple is already slashing their athletic funding at alarming pace (just dropped a bunch of programs last yr).

I can honestly see Temple pulling back their football program before UConn does. As you mentioned, they really did take a machete to their athletic programs last year, cutting Softball, baseball, women's rowing, men's rowing, men's gymanstics, and both men's indoor and outdoor track and field. Rowing, I believe, has since been reinstated, but only after Philadelphia decided to pay for renovations to the city's boathouses.
GoldenWarrior11

Previous

Return to Big East Men's Sports