Twitterverse says Uconn to Big East (LAX)

The home for Big East Soccer, Baseball, Lacrosse, and more

Postby robinreed » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:51 am

Sammy Albano @SammyAlbano · 11h 11 hours ago

So @UConnHuskies calling @BIGEAST presidents 4 an audience bout membership in #BigEast #AmericanAthleticConference @KevinMcNamara33
8 retweets 6 favorites

I have no idea who any of these people are but here is supposed insider info on the twitterverse about Uconn to the Big East. I would like to believe it is true but I doubt it.
robinreed

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Twitterverse says Uconn to Big East

Postby NJRedman » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:50 am

robinreed wrote:Sammy Albano @SammyAlbano · 11h 11 hours ago

So @UConnHuskies calling @BIGEAST presidents 4 an audience bout membership in #BigEast #AmericanAthleticConference @KevinMcNamara33
8 retweets 6 favorites

I have no idea who any of these people are but here is supposed insider info on the twitterverse about Uconn to the Big East. I would like to believe it is true but I doubt it.

Sammy Albano is an idiot.
NJRedman

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:25 am

I wouldn't be shocked if UConn was in talks with the Big East. They need somewhere to park their new lacrosse program. I cannot foresee a scenario that would allow them to stay in the AAC for football only and the Big East for all other sports. It is not beneficial for the AAC, so they wouldn't get on board with that.

Fun to think about, however. Unfortunately, that's all there's room for in this discussion.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:28 am

The other big rumor is UConn to the B1G. Can't be both. ;)
Bill Marsh

Postby Frank the Tank » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:56 am

Clarification that I have heard: this is strictly for men's lacrosse, which UConn is supposedly moving up to Division I. UConn women's lacrosse is already in the Big East. This is NOT for basketball or other sports offered by the AAC.
Frank the Tank

Postby FriarJ » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:02 am

Well, apparently this is for men's lacrosse, then it puts to bed the rumor about UConn to the B1G.
FriarJ

Postby NovaBall » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 am

Uconn will be out of the Conference of Americans by 2018. Whether that is the acc, big ten, big twelve or big east remains to be seen, but they won't be in Conference of Americans long term.
NovaBall

Postby Hoyas » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:32 am

my God can you be any more of an Arse? It's the AAC or the American. You make yourself look like a petty idiot when you say that.
Hoyas

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:06 pm

I am a huge fan of Sammy. I do get why some Redmen fans might not like him because of his constant bashing of Lavin, but Sammy is a very well connected guy and knows what he is talking about. His sources are usually VERY solid. In this case though, I am pretty sure UConn was just meeting with the Big East about Men's Lacrosse and that is it. Their women's team is already a member of the Big East.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby XUFan09 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:19 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:I am a huge fan of Sammy. I do get why some Redmen fans might not like him because of his constant bashing of Lavin, but Sammy is a very well connected guy and knows what he is talking about. His sources are usually VERY solid. In this case though, I am pretty sure UConn was just meeting with the Big East about Men's Lacrosse and that is it. Their women's team is already a member of the Big East.

I couldn't blame him for that.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Next

Return to Big East Men's Sports