Bulldogs top #7 Marquette

The home for Big East Soccer, Baseball, Lacrosse, and more

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:33 am

Freshman goalkeeper Eric Dick earned his third shutout of the season for the Bulldogs, holding on to an early first-half lead to secure a 1-0 upset over #7 Marquette in a BIG EAST matchup at the Butler Bowl on Wednesday, Oct. 15. The victory brings Butler to 5-5-3 on the year and 1-3-0 in the BIG EAST.

After starting conference play with three straight losses, the Bulldogs earned their first BIG EAST victory of the season thanks to a goal from junior forward Jeff Adkins in just the 6th minute of play.
HoosierPal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bulldogs top #7 Marquette

Postby hoyahooligan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Ended Marquette's 8 game shut out streak.
hoyahooligan

Postby HoosierPal » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:46 am

This shows there is a lot of mediocrity in soccer and I think that is a good thing. Many teams with so-so regular seasons still have legit shots at their conference tourneys. And teams that win the overall conferences still will need to fight in their own tourney. Too bad soccer doesn't get more media attention. This years NCAA tourney could have high drama.
HoosierPal

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:24 pm

HoosierPal wrote:This shows there is a lot of mediocrity in soccer and I think that is a good thing. Many teams with so-so regular seasons still have legit shots at their conference tourneys. And teams that win the overall conferences still will need to fight in their own tourney. Too bad soccer doesn't get more media attention. This years NCAA tourney could have high drama.

I think the term parity is more accurate rather than mediocrity.
hoyahooligan

Postby HoosierPal » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:26 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
HoosierPal wrote:This shows there is a lot of mediocrity in soccer and I think that is a good thing. Many teams with so-so regular seasons still have legit shots at their conference tourneys. And teams that win the overall conferences still will need to fight in their own tourney. Too bad soccer doesn't get more media attention. This years NCAA tourney could have high drama.

I think the term parity is more accurate rather than mediocrity.

Agreed.
HoosierPal

Postby marquette » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Nice win. Hopefully we don't drop much in the polls.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Return to Big East Men's Sports