OT: Johns Hopkins ending independence

The home for Big East Soccer, Baseball, Lacrosse, and more

Re: OT: Johns Hopkins ending independence

Postby BillEsq » Mon May 20, 2013 4:52 pm

yorost wrote:Oh please, Notre Dame and Johns Hopkins are far different stories. Look no further than Notre Dame being responsible for that $50 million buyout while Johns Hopkins is asking for the freedom to leave the conference every few years with no right for the conference to kick them out. Notre Dame raised all of our school's payouts by $1-$2 million, while Johns Hopkins will just keep their own nice little deal. Notre Dame is prestige, money and a deep commitment. Johns Hopkins is prestige.

The auto bid does matter to Johns Hopkins. They said so right in their announcement. For the ACC that auto bid will rarely represent a chance to get an extra team in. At 6 teams, 4 at larges might be the norm in the ACC, so what good would it do in a 4 team tournament?

For the record i did not say Hopkins was ND just that the ACC has a history of dealing with schools making demands. and while its demands are more its just for lacrosse so not that big of a loss for the ACC.

in regards to the auto bid i was saying that Hopkins doesn't really need it. My guess is that the ACC like most leagues wants to be a full league. but as far as earning an additional at large in Lacrosse bid i agree with you it doesn't do anything.

I still think the best fit would be for the Pat but hell what do i know.
BillEsq

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pki1998 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 am

pki1998 wrote:I don't buy the Big Ten adding John Hopkins. They have never had an affiliate member before. They played hard ball with ND and Big Ten Hockey. In addition they aren't going to let John Hopkins keep their ESPN contract if they were willing to do that type of arrange Texas would be a full member of the Big Ten right now

Well I got to admit I was wrong. Still can't believe the Big Ten accepted an affiliate member.
Xavier
pki1998

Postby BillEsq » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:19 am

pki1998 wrote:
pki1998 wrote:I don't buy the Big Ten adding John Hopkins. They have never had an affiliate member before. They played hard ball with ND and Big Ten Hockey. In addition they aren't going to let John Hopkins keep their ESPN contract if they were willing to do that type of arrange Texas would be a full member of the Big Ten right now

Well I got to admit I was wrong. Still can't believe the Big Ten accepted an affiliate member.

count me in as well. One thing is certain in realignment... nothing is certain.
BillEsq

Previous

Return to Big East Men's Sports