Non-Rev Rumors

The home for Big East Soccer, Baseball, Lacrosse, and more

Re: Non-Rev Rumors

Postby BillEsq » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:10 pm

marquette wrote:
BillEsq wrote:
Louisville, Connecticut, SMU, Cincinnati for men's swimming (in one year Louisville goes to the ACC and East Carolina becomes a member)

for women's crew I know louisville has a squad and i assuming that the other 7 schools are AAC schools however without looking at each one i can't confirm that. My information is based of Wikipedia so... take it for what it is. Of course both of these numbers are if the AAC and BE will be merging some of their nonrevs as heavily indicated and if you go back and read the thread was the basis of my statement.

I am curious though, in women's crew there will be more AAC teams than BE teams and the AAC does not need the BE teams to form a league. Will there be a merger in that sport? or will the BE teams play under the AAC banner? is this official yet? or are we still waiting on more info?

Until such a time as an official announcement is made I will assume that they are only cooperating in the case of Rutgers lacrosse. Hypotheticals and $3.99 will get me a gallon of gas.

Do official schedules count as official announcements or are you still hitchhiking???

http://thecherry.temple-news.com/2013/0 ... -schedule/

Looks like the AAC field hockey has merged with BE field hockey under the BE banner...
Louisville is officially still in the Big East and favs in field hockey lol :lol:
BillEsq

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby yorost » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Aren't seven (six with previous Big East ties) associates already confirmed? Denver is the only new associate post split. everyone else would have been playing in the Big East next year, anyways. Aresco signed Old Dominion in field hockey, which was an excellent get.

Anyone missing for this list?

Denver
Louisville (1 year)
Rutgers (1 year)
UConn
Temple
Cincinnati
Old Dominion
yorost

Postby BillEsq » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 pm

yorost wrote:Aren't seven (six with previous Big East ties) associates already confirmed? Denver is the only new associate post split. everyone else would have been playing in the Big East next year, anyways. Aresco signed Old Dominion in field hockey, which was an excellent get.

Anyone missing for this list?

Denver
Louisville (1 year)
Rutgers (1 year)
UConn
Temple
Cincinnati
Old Dominion

I think Men's Swimming will include SMU but i dunno if that's official yet Maybe that's a question for Delta if he heard anything through the swimming grapevine. Its a winter sport so there isn't as much reason to push and the announcement.
BillEsq

Postby Dew » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Louisville makes the College World Series. That counts as a Big East trip right?
Dew

Postby SpiderFan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:33 pm

http://www.collegecrosse.com/2013/7/8/4 ... ights-ecac

I know someone on here (geez, can't remember who...) was a big fan of Bellarmine lacrosse being part of the Big east lacrosse. Looks like they are Atlantic Sun bound for 14-15. Richmond can get out after this season so at the worst the A-Sun will still keep its 6 for automatic bid to the NCAA championship. St. Joe's is moving to the NEC, with Fairfield possibly right behind.

Just keeping up-to-date since sometimes these moves get lost in the shuffle.
SpiderFan

Postby BillEsq » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:25 am

can't hide anything from those multi eyed critters....

I figured with Denver going BE Bellarmine would not but with the ECAC dying you figured they would have to go somewhere.... oh well i'm not looking like 3 and out of the BE at the end of the year....
BillEsq

Postby MUSeashells&Balloons » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:37 am

I still see Bellarmine as a potential option Lacrosse conferences usually aren't strong enough to require fees or anything for leaving so I think Bellarmine could easily join the Big East post Rutgers leaving. Bellarmine is a great lacrosse program heck as much as I hate to admit it Bellarmine is probably better than Marquette(even though we beat them) at least for Marquette's first few years. I think an ideal lacrosse conference size is 7-8; 6 is just to close for comfort I think Bellarmine is a great fit. If other Big East teams don't add Lacrosse and potentially even if they do.
Coach Al Mcguire:
"I like seashells and balloons, ribbons and medals, bare feet and wet grass."
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."
"Queen of victory, pray for us."
MUSeashells&Balloons

Postby BillEsq » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:59 am

While i guess they are a potential option... with Bellarmine joining the Sun it should put an end to rumors for a little bit. Apparently the sun is also at just 6 teams with one being Richmond. So its not like its entirely the most stable of conferences either. Either way it should end any rumors as far as Bellarmine goes for a while. On a side note for those keeping track of the overall realignment counters... Air Force still has a Lacrosse team that will be without a home in 2014 when the ECAC lacrosse disbands. With Denver in the BE already i guess there is a slight chance they get added, I wouldn't bet the house on it though.

In regards to Marquette v. Bellarmine I expect more games in the future as there are not a whole lot of Midwest teams in lacrosse. So i look forward to some OOCs. :)
BillEsq

Postby NovaSpider » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:17 pm

MUSeashells&Balloons wrote: Bellarmine is a great lacrosse program

You may have a different definition of great than me. Since the jump in 2005 Bellarmine has had 2 winning seasons (2005, 2010). 2005 was a good season at 13 -2 but this was their schedule http://www.laxpower.com/common/show_sch ... _year=2005 . 2009 was a strong team in a good conference.

I don't think you need to add a team to the conference. 6 teams is fine, it gets the auto-bid and allows for the good teams to schedule tough out of conference games. There is already one young cannon fodder team in the conference (sorry Marquette) and one bad program (not sorry Providence), one team that had a couple OK years (St. John's), two that are consistently average (Nova and Gtown), and the hotshot new team (Denver). No need to add anymore average to below average teams.
NovaSpider

Postby MUSeashells&Balloons » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:36 pm

NovaSpider wrote:
MUSeashells&Balloons wrote: Bellarmine is a great lacrosse program

You may have a different definition of great than me. Since the jump in 2005 Bellarmine has had 2 winning seasons (2005, 2010). 2005 was a good season at 13 -2 but this was their schedule http://www.laxpower.com/common/show_sch ... _year=2005 . 2009 was a strong team in a good conference.

I don't think you need to add a team to the conference. 6 teams is fine, it gets the auto-bid and allows for the good teams to schedule tough out of conference games. There is already one young cannon fodder team in the conference (sorry Marquette) and one bad program (not sorry Providence), one team that had a couple OK years (St. John's), two that are consistently average (Nova and Gtown), and the hotshot new team (Denver). No need to add anymore average to below average teams.

I see your point I guess what I was trying to say was that the department was great and investing a lot in the team and that's someone that would be good to have as an affiliate someone that really values their program. I think bellarmine is on the way up but per usual on this board I guess I should have been focusing on wins.

6 team lacrosse conferences historically have not been very stable.
Coach Al Mcguire:
"I like seashells and balloons, ribbons and medals, bare feet and wet grass."
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."
"Queen of victory, pray for us."
MUSeashells&Balloons

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Men's Sports